Kristina
The other day I was studying the book of Isaiah, which happens to be one of my favourite books of the Bible, and stumbled upon this amazing chapter. 

2b There was nothing beautiful or majestic about his appearance, 
nothing to attract us to him.
3 He was despised and rejected- a man of sorrows, 
acquainted with deepest grief. 
We turned our backs on him and looked the other way.
 He was despised, and we did not care.
4 Yet it was our weaknesses he carried; 
it was our sorrows that weighed him down. 
And we thought his troubles were a punishment from God, 
a punishment for his own sins!
5 But he was pierced for our rebellion, 
crushed for our sins. 
He was beaten so we could be whole. 
He was whipped so we could be healed.

This is just the first part of the chapter!! I've read this before, but it just hit me today... It was for me. As Jesus hung on that cross, dying the most painful death, and breathing his final breaths... my name was on his mind!!! He was beaten, whipped, and tortured for us... Doesn't that just give you goosebumps?!? 
I know it's kinda pathetic that I just realized this now... But isn't God amazing... The fact that he loves me still blows my mind...




0 Responses