Kristina
Someone asked me the other day what I have been struggling with, and what they could be praying for... And I decided to share this with you, because I feel like it's something that many people have issues with, and that it's something that Satan uses to tear us down, especially when we are in great situations...

Recently I've really struggling with insecurity... It's been an issue in many areas in my life...

1. There are so many amazing believers here, who already know where they are going, and what they are doing beyond their years here. I know that I am here for a reason, and I know God's in control. Even though parts of me may doubt it, I know that He has a huge, amazing plan for my future... The majority of the students here are from very Petecostal churches, and for me, growing up in a Baptist church... that's a little bit of a shock! It's not too bad though... but there are still a few areas that I am really being stretched in, thank God!

2. I am surrounded by gorgeous, skinny beach girls who are pretty much here to snag a husband. For those of you who know me well, you know that is NOT the reason why I'm here! But it is difficult being around so many beautiful girls... I have struggled with body image, but it's something that I tried to leave behind me back in the US... But the biggest struggle with this one, is a cultural thing. They don't put much weight into modesty here. I grew up in a family, and church that encouraged girls and women to be modest in order to help build up our Brothers, but here, wearing a skimpy bikini, and micro-mini skirts is normal! I'm one who loves trendy clothing, but I've worked it out so that I can be trendy and modest at the same time... I don't know... I could go on for hours on this topic...

3. Then there's my insecurity when it comes to music. I never had formal music training, and have never been much of a songwriter... So, thankfully I'm getting a bit of that, but I still don't believe that music performance, worship leading etc. is necessarily where God's got me going...

So, your prayers would be greatly appreciated! I am really enjoying my time here... I'm growing as both an individual, and as a believer... and I cannot wait to see what God has in store next!
0 Responses