Kristina
So... I know that I have been pumping the iHeart film via Facebook & Twitter for the past few weeks/months... but yesterday I was able to see the film first hand... and all I can say is: wow.
The iHeart Revolution was something that was birthed in Joel Houston and the rest of the United team 3+ years ago... And it was absolutely thrilling to see it completed AND be a part of this historic moment.

iHeart is not for one second about Hillsong United. But, it is all about humanity & injustice. The film was so eye opening to the human condition worldwide, and the fact that we [the church] don't do nearly enough to help break down the walls of injustice.

There were so many incredible things that I took away from this film... But I think the core message & the main theme throughout the movie was just one little word. A word that we tend to throw around so flippantly...

Love

We as the Church are called to take care of those in need...

"Anyone who sets himself up as "religious" by talking a good game is self-deceived. This kind of religion is hot air and only hot air. Real religion, the kind that passes muster before God the Father, is this: Reach out to the homeless and loveless in their plight, and guard against corruption from the godless world." - James 1:26 (MSG)

I think to often we complicate Christianity, and what the church is mean to be/do.
I mean - look at Jesus and his ministry. We could just blow him off as a great man, an amazing prophet, or... a lunatic.

"This man we are talking about [Jesus] was (and is) just what He said or else a lunatic, or something worse. Now it seems to me obvious that He was neither a lunatic nor a fiend: and consequently, however strange or terrifying or unlikely it may seem, I have to accept the view that He was and is God. God has landed on this enemy-occupied world in human form." - CS Lewis (Mere Christianity)

But seriously... His ministry was like NOTHING this world has ever seen or experienced - ever!! His ministry was about loving the loveless... His ministry was about breaking down walls of injustice. So, shouldn't we do the same?

I must confess - that while sitting in the cinema surrounded by the church, I couldn't help but shed a tear or two (or 500)... This church has decided to rally together, and do something about injustice. So, now I ask you - are you ready to make a difference? Are you ready to get out of your comfort zone, and do something for the Kingdom? Are you prepared to break down the walls of injustice?



Be the change...
Make a difference...

Here are a few places to start:

Be blessed my dear friends,
       Kristina
0 Responses