Kristina
Vila...

Oh, how I need this… Why is vacation so stressful, and NOT relaxing? Ok, don’t get me wrong, I really, truly enjoyed my time in the Blue Mountains (pictures to come!), it was wonderful to get out of the Hills districts and see what Oz has to offer… but still, I came away from break feeling more stressed out & anxious than I did when it began!

I do love being able to travel. I love living out of a suitcase… it took me 3 months to finally unpack my bags here, because I love the feeling of being able to jet off to any part of the world in an instant… I think these past 5 months have been the longest I haven’t traveled via airplane… But once I have settled into a routine, it’s hard to leave it!

Anyways! I feel at home here now… I am surrounded by amazing people, I have the privilege of attending and working at one of the most influential and well-know churches in the world… So, what’s my deal? Why can’t I relax and rest?

Is it because I am still struggling with surrendering my life? I look at it this way:

I’m a puzzle. A big, 1000 piece puzzle that is strewn all over the floor… My Creator is putting me together piece by piece, but I as the puzzle, thinks that I’m able to complete myself without the help of the Puzzlemaker! I’m the little pieces that are hiding under the sofa, and behind the floorlamp, trying to survive all on my own…

Oh, dear... Well, when it comes 'Vila' I am working on that. I'm gonna try to take a breather & enjoy my week.
And trust? That is between God & I... and we are getting there!
Xoxo
1 Response
  1. I am sorry to say that you come by some of this genetically (is there such a thing as a worry-gene?) and by example. "Vila" is a difficult concept for me to grasp. Growing up with the philosophy that "productivity is next to Godliness) makes it challenging to rest.

    Henry Blackaby commented about the phrase we've all heard before: "don't just stand there, do something!" His belief is that God is saying to us, "Don't just do something, STAND THERE!" We need to learn how to be still and know that He is God.

    That's when peace, rest, and the wonderful Swedish word "vila" are attained. Recognizing that God is The Puzzlemaker, and we don't have to stress about pulling ourselves together.

    I hope you have some lovely times of vila during your break. Stand there. Be still. Rest.